Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week in Review: Allergies, Book Club, and other Normal Things

This was another good, normal week. Nothing very special happened, but it was nice :) Jude had a runny nose and was fussier than usual, so that made it a little more difficult to get things done, but that's ok. He took some great naps, so that's definitely something to be thankful for! :) Once again, I failed in the picture-taking department. Our camera memory card was full, and so we had to take care of that. I'm going to try my best to do better and take more pictures this week!

Sunday: We debated on whether or not to take Jude to church because he had a really runny nose. We were pretty sure it was just from allergies, and he didn't have fever, but David was going to stay home with him since I had to teach the 2 year old Sunday School class. We then decided to just take Jude but not put him in the nursery. We were all dressed and about ready to go when Aubrey found a bottle of fingernail polish and managed to get the top off and spilled it on her dress. Her BRAND NEW dress that I had just bought for her and LOVED. (Actually, it wasn't brand new - I got it at a consignment sale, but it was new to her.) I was SO sad, but I was mostly mad at myself for leaving the fingernail polish out (it was in my closet). We had to do a quick wardrobe change and ended up being late. When we got to church, I stayed out in the Narthex with Jude, and David went in to church. After church, David took Jude to Sunday School with him, and I taught the 2 year olds. It was my last week to do that, and I've enjoyed doing it, but I'll be glad to go back to my adult Sunday School class with David. We went to my grandmother's house for lunch after church with my family. It was good, and we had a nice visit, too. We took naps when we got home before going back to church that night. David stayed in the Narthex with Jude that evening, and I went in to church. It was the first day of our Mission's Conference, and we had a guest preacher. I enjoyed it. After church, we went to dinner at Corner Bakery and then went home. We put the kids to bed and then I read some of my book club book before bed.

Monday: Aubrey slept pretty late for her, so that was a nice start to the week. We went to Kroger to get a few things after breakfast and came home in time for Jude's nap. He took a good nap, but he woke up fussy. He was really fussy and not his usual happy self all day. I was worried that he was getting an ear infection or something, but I now think it was just because he had so much congestion. I read my book club book while he slept, and Aubrey played. After lunch, Aubrey went down for a nap. Jude ended up taking another decent nap that afternoon. I cooked a meal for some friends and read while they slept. Jude woke up SUPER fussy. We went to deliver the meal, and he cried in the car, which he rarely does. I fed him when we got home, and that perked him up. I got ready quickly, because my mom and I were going to a play that night. My grandparents came over with my mom to keep the kids since David was at karate. My mom and I rushed to the play because we (my mom -- haha) thought it started at 6. We got there at 5:45, and it turned out that it didn't start until 6:30 -- the doors didn't even open until 6. We ended up sitting in the car waiting, but I was able to get some more of my book read. The play was SO cute! Some of our friends from church are in a homeschool group, and they did the play . It was Peter Pan. We couldn't see very well, but we enjoyed it :) One of the girls who we went to see in the play is going to the beach with us in a few weeks to help with the kiddos -- so excited! The play was a little longer than I expected, and Jude wasn't really taking a bottle, so we rushed home so that I could feed him and get him in bed. David was home by then, so we talked and went to bed after I got Jude down (Aubrey was already asleep).

Tuesday: When my alarm went off for Bible Study that morning, both kids were still sleeping. I didn't know how Jude would be feeling since he was still asleep, so I decided to just let them sleep and skip Bible Study. I was sad to miss, but I knew it would be best for Jude to be able to stay home and take his nap since he had been a little under the weather. It turned out to be a good decision because he was pretty snotty when he woke up, and he took a really good nap that morning. Aubrey played and I finished my book and then looked up questions to ask for book club discussion. Jude woke up and we ate lunch before it was time for Aubrey to nap. Jude took a good afternoon nap, too. Amazing! I took a shower and got ready and got the house looking presentable while they slept. When David got home, they went outside to play, and I cooked dinner for them. Rebekkah came and picked me up for book club, and we ran over to her house to look at some tile before going to Broadstreet for book club. We ate and had fun and then started discussing our book. We had read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn this month. I really liked the book, but it was a slow read. I usually read books in a couple of days, but this one took several weeks. It was one of those books that I really liked after I finished it, and I'm glad to have read it, but I don't think I would want to read it again. There was SO much in the book that we could have discussed that it was almost overwhelming trying to narrow it down. We had to move our discussion to a book store when the restaurant closed, and then we got off track talking about contraceptives and never went back to the book. Oh well! The discussion was very interesting, so it was ok ;) It was kind of late when I got home, and we went to bed after I told David about book club.

Wednesday: We were up early and I started getting ready to meet Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for lunch early, but we were STILL late. Ughh. Thankfully, they were running late too, so it was ok. We ate Mexican and had fun! Every time we get together these days, I think it's going to be our last lunch before baby Graves is here. We'll see! When we got home, Aubrey refused to sleep. She stayed in her bed for a long time but just talked. Jude was sleeping, so I kept having to go into Aubrey's room to tell her to BE QUIET. When David got home, we hung out and I got ready so that we could get to church on time for once. We had our Missions Banquet that night for our Missions Conference. I enjoyed it -- I always love the Missions Conference every year! When we got home, we put both kids to bed and I got ready to go workout. I picked Rebekkah up and we went to the gym. It had been a little while since we had been, and it was good to be back! I went to bed when I got home.

Thursday: We got ready when we got up and met Rebekkah and Carver for lunch at Beagel Bagel. That was fun! We decided to be brave and take the kids to a store. They actually did ok! I got a pair of pink princess pajama bottoms for Aubrey, and she was just THRILLED about that. She couldn't understand why she couldn't put them on when we got home without them being washed, though. Ha! I promised her that I would wash them while she napped so that she could wear them that night :) So, Aubrey and Jude both napped and I did laundry! Haha. I also straightened up and spent some time just sitting and playing on the computer. That afternoon after the kids woke up, we went to Old Navy and Kroger while David was at karate. When we got home, I cooked chicken tacos for dinner, and we ate and watched American Idol. David put Aubrey to bed when he got home, and I put Jude down. Rebekkah then came and picked me up, and we went to the gym again. I talked to David for a little while when I got home and then went to bed.

Friday: We had a fairly boring day. Jude had been up several times in the night, and so I was extremely sleepy all morning. I was also less patient and sweet that I would like since I was so tired. I hate that. When I put Jude down for his morning nap, I put a movie on for Aubrey and I laid on the couch and rested while she sat with me and watched the movie. I felt bad for doing that, but I was more rested and in better spirits after that little rest! Ha! We ate lunch when Jude woke up, and then it was Aubrey's turn to nap. Jude went down for a nap that afternoon, and I blogged and took a shower and got dressed. I also straightened up the house. It looked like a tornado had blown through. When David got home, we talked and then loaded the kids up and went to the mall. I needed to get a birthday gift. After that we went to dinner and then to Target. By the time we got home, it was bedtime! The kids went down and then David and I stayed up too late, as usual.

Saturday: We had a breakfast at church for our Missions Conference that morning, but it was at 7:30, so Jude and I passed ;) David and Aubrey went and enjoyed it. I got to sleep in until 8:30 which was nice! (I used to never dream that sleeping until 8:30 would be sleeping in for me, but it is now.) When I got up, I got dressed and ready. The house was so quiet because David and Aubrey weren't home yet. My friend Jennifer stopped by to return some clothes that I had let her borrow for Caroline. It was so fun to see her even though we didn't get to visit for long! David and Aubrey got home while she was here, and Aubrey got to say hey (even though she was being shy and didn't really talk). David and I then took Aubrey in and changed her clothes, and she and I went to Ann Peyton's birthday party. David stayed home with Jude so that he could nap. We had so much fun at Ann Peyton's "tea party"! :) Aubrey was pretty good, and she was all ready for a nap when we got home. Jude went down for an afternoon nap, too, so I went and ran some errands while they slept. When I got home, I baked some cookies for a get together that we were going to that night. My parents came over that evening and David and I went to a Sunday School dessert gathering to hear a missionary speak. He is a missionary who lives in New York and ministers to Muslims there. It was very interesting to hear about his ministry! We stayed pretty late, and Jude refused to take a bottle :( So he was tired and hungry when we got home. My parents left, and I fed Jude and put him to bed, and then we got ready for bed, too.

No comments: