Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweet Conversation

Yesterday, David found a turtle in our backyard, and he let Aubrey look at it and "play" with it for a while. (She didn't actually play with it -- apparently she was real unsure about it and just kind of looked at it.) After a while, we took it out of the backyard and released it somewhere where our dog couldn't get it. Aubrey couldn't understand why we were letting the turtle go, and we told her that we were sending it back to it's family because they probably missed it.

Well, today we were outside, and she asked about the turtle. I reminded her that it went back to it's family. I asked her if she knew who her family was.

She said, "You and Daddy and Jude!"

I replied, "Aww, that's right, and we love you so much!"

She just smiled and said with no prompting, "Thank you God for my family!"

It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and almost brought me to tears. I said, "That is SO SWEET, Aubrey! Thank you God for Aubrey!"

And then Aubrey said, "That's SO sweet, Mommy!"

Love that little girl :)

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

So precious!!

Anonymous said...

<3

Anonymous said...

Aww....made me a little misty too ...what a moment...what a tender dear heart!
sherri

Jennifer said...

Y'all are obviously raising her right! She is so precious!!