Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week in Review: On the Go!

Wow, this week was busy. I feel like we were on the go all week. When I write it all down, though, it doesn't seem that busy. I think the reason it felt so hectic was because we had something to do almost every morning, and it's always such a rush to get out the door on time. When the day starts out crazy, it just kind of feels crazy all day to me. The problem is that I really hate to wake the kids up, so I always try to wait until the last minute to get them up. Then I end up waiting too long, and things just get hectic. Oh well. I always say I like staying busy, so I'm not complaining TOO much ;)

Sunday: We had a normal Sunday morning - we were running way late for church. We did make it, eventually. After church and Sunday School, we came home and ate chicken tacos for lunch. The kids and I took naps. David was going to church early for a prayer walk, so I got the kids ready for evening church by myself. We were a little late, of course ;) We went to dinner with my parents at Jason's Deli after church.

Monday: This turned out to be the least busy day we had all week. Aubrey slept until a decent time, and after breakfast, we got ready to go to the park. It was a beautiful day, so we were meeting Rebekkah and Carver to walk. Yay, double stroller! We had a fun time walking, even though it was a little on the warm side. Jude napped in the stroller, and I think Aubrey enjoyed it too. She never tried to get down. We ended up walking 2 1/2 - 3 miles. We went home and ate leftovers for lunch after we had worked up an appetite. Aubrey and Jude napped that afternoon while I did some stuff around the house and got ready. I had to pick up a chair for our dining room that was on hold before 5:00. I ended up having to wake the kids up to leave. My mom and brothers met me at the store so that I could leave Aubrey and Jude in the car while I went in to get the chair. We went to Tuesday Morning after that and I found another rug that I thought would work in our dining room. I didn't buy it, though, because David had the other rug in his car to return, and I wanted to make sure they were going to take it back first. We went to church for karate after that. After I fed Jude and Aubrey ate dinner, we went to Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I was looking for something to wear for our family pictures on Friday, but I didn't find anything. We headed home after karate, and I cooked a pizza for David and me.

Tuesday: We got up early and went to Bible Study. It was good! When it was over, I fed Jude and then we went to lunch with Rebekkah and Carver. We ate at a Greek place, and it was really good! Aubrey likes to sit in chairs or booths when we go out to eat, but she gets bored after a while and tries to get up and wander around. I decided to go back to a highchair that day, and she really didn't even put up a fuss. It made the lunch much more pleasant to have her contained ;) We ate outside, and it was really nice. After lunch, we went to Leapfrog. Again, I was looking for clothes for our pictures, but still no luck :( I did find one cute outfit for Jude, though. We came home for naps after that. It was kind of late by this point, and it took Aubrey a while to fall asleep. She was still asleep when David got home. He had taken our first rug back and exchanged it for the one I had seen the night before. He brought it in and put it in place when he got home, and it passed the test! I like it, and it looked good with the wall color and our new chairs. I think I can FINALLY start getting that room pulled together now. I'll post pictures soon. We ended up having to wake Aubrey up at 5:30. I was planning on going to the grocery store when David got home, but it got late after we did the rug, so we decided to just grab dinner instead. We went to Mazzois (night #2 to eat pizza). When we got home, David and Aubrey played and I fed Jude and watched 19 Kids and Counting. After Aubrey went to bed, I met Rebekkah to run. Unfortunately, we're only averaging about once a week to run these days instead of three days a week like we're supposed to. Oh well, we do what we can. We had a good run, and it was pretty late by the time I got home.

Wednesday: Jude had his 4 month checkup that morning at 9. I have no idea what possessed me to make the appointment so early. We did manage to get there on time, and his appointment went well. After we left the doctor's office, we went shopping. Whew, I'm must be crazy! We shopped for about 2 hours and that was enough for me! We ate lunch when we got home, and Aubrey went down for her nap. I fed Jude and then he fell asleep too. A painter was coming over that afternoon to give us an estimate on painting our foyer. We like to paint ourselves because it's not hard and it saves a ton of money, but the foyer was just too much for us. The ceilings are extremely high (like 20 feet) and I thought I would rather pay a professional than have David potentially fall off a ladder and break his neck. Haha. The painter gave us a reasonable estimate and said he could do it this week if we wanted him to. After he left, I straightened up the house and got ready for church. We were going early and meeting David there so I could go to the smocking class. That was fun - I didn't learn a new stitch this week; I just practiced some more. We ate dinner at church, and then I fed Jude and just hung out. It was late by the time we got home, and after Aubrey went to bed, David watched TV and I held Jude and got on the internet.

Thursday: We had another painter coming that morning to give us a second estimate, and he was supposed to be here at 8:30. His estimate was WAY higher than the guy's the day before, so we decided to go with the first guy. David called him and told him to do it the next day. After all that, I took a shower and got ready for the day. We were meeting Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for lunch at Broadstreet. We went a little later than we usually do, and it was crowded! There were no tables available downstairs, so we had to go upstairs. It wasn't easy getting 2 kids, diaper bags, a purse, and our cups upstairs, but it was quiet and not crowded at all up there, so it was nice. I put Aubrey in a highchair again, and she did great. We had a fun lunch, and when we were finished, we went shopping again. Apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment. No, it's just that our pictures were the next day, and I still didn't have clothes for all of us to wear. Our shopping trip went about as well as the one the day before. I did find a cute dress for Aubrey to wear at Gap. We were in Belk looking for something for me to wear, and Jude got hungry, so I had to go feed him in the dressing room again. Right as he finished eating, I realized that Aubrey had a dirty diaper. Ughh. I was so over it by that point, and we just went home! It was WAY past Aubrey's naptime, and I was worried that she wouldn't sleep at all. She did go to sleep, but only for about an hour, and she woke up in a terrible, horrible mood. It was awful. She was just screaming inconsolably. Jude was also fussy and just wanted to be held. He would start crying, too, the minute I would put him down. I was trying to gather up all of our things to leave, so for a while, they were both just screaming. No fun! Once we got in the car, Jude calmed down, and I got Aubrey talking, which helped her mood a little bit. I was in a hurry to get to church, because I was going to a couponing class that night! The lady from Southern Savers had come to town and was doing a class on how to get started with coupons. I have been wanting to really get into couponing for a while now, but it is just so overwhelming to me, so I was glad to get to go to this class. Anyway, I dropped the kids off at church, and met Rebekkah and another lady that we go to church with to go to the coupon class. It was good, but wow! There is a lot to this couponing thing! Hopefully, I can figure out how to do it :/ The class was LONG. It lasted for about 3 hours. By the time we got back to our cars, it was late, but I ran in Target looking for a red turtleneck for Aubrey to wear under her dress in our pictures the next day. Much to my dismay, they didn't have any! I was so sad, because that meant she was going to have to wear a white turtleneck in the pictures, which didn't really "go", but all the stores were closed, so there wasn't another option :( When I got home, I fed Jude and bathed him and we went to bed.

Friday: We had painters coming at 7AM that morning to paint our foyer. The only reason I agreed to letting them come so early was because David was staying home to help us get ready for the pictures at 9 and just going to work after the pictures were over. That meant I didn't even have to see the painters because David was there to let them in. We were all getting ready, and I just happened to walk into Jude's closet to get something, and guess what I saw? A red turtleneck! In Aubrey's size! We borrowed a bunch of clothes for Jude from friends, and apparently this red turtleneck was in some of that stuff, but I had completely forgotten about it. I felt like it was just a little gift from God. It's not really a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things, but I was disappointed that Aubrey was going to have to wear a white shirt, because we were all wearing red and brown. It was just a small thing, but it made me smile when I saw that red shirt hanging there :) Anyway, the pictures went well, I think. We did Jude's 4 month session first, and then we went outside and took our family pictures. Jude wasn't as smiley as he usually is, and he sucked on his hands a good bit of the time. Aubrey was kind of shy for the camera. I'm hoping there will be a few cute ones at least! When we got home, the painters were finished. David went to work, and we ate lunch and played for a while. I was so tired and was hoping to take a nap with the kids. Aubrey went down easily, and I fed Jude and then just put him in the bed with me. I had just dozed off when Aubrey started coughing :( She eventually woke herself up coughing. I was worried she was going to be grumpy because she only slept for about an hour. However, she was in a WONDERFUL mood when I went to get her. Seriously, she was in the best mood. She was so sweet and fun all afternoon that it made up for the fact that I didn't get the nap I was hoping for ;) When David got home, we talked and then went to dinner. We ate Mexican and then went to Target for diapers and other necessities. When we got home, Aubrey played some and I fed Jude, and then it was bedtime. I watched TV for a while and then went to bed.

Saturday: Jude woke up several times during the night. He wasn't hungry; he just kept waking up for his paci and he just seemed restless. I don't know what that was about, but I hope it was a fluke. He is such a great sleeper, and he has totally spoiled me! Anyway, we all slept late this morning. I started getting ready after I got up. David's mom was coming over to play with Aubrey so that David could work in the yard and I could run errands/go shopping. I had a lot of stuff to return that I had gotten as possibilities for us to wear for our pictures that we didn't end up using. It turns out, we wore mostly things we already had for our pictures, which was nice. Jude went shopping with me, and he was so sweet. My mom met us after we had been out for a while, and we went to lots of stores. I made all of my returns and found a few other things. It started raining while we were out, but we didn't get too wet. When I got home, David was watching the Auburn game, and Aubrey was napping. David was able to get all of the yard work done before it started raining, and he said Aubrey had fun playing with Dee Dee. Aubrey woke up, and we all sat on the couch and watched some of the game. When it [finally] ended, we went to dinner and then to Kroger. By the time we got home, Jude was hungry, and Aubrey was ready for bed. David put Aubrey down and I fed and bathed Jude. Now it's about time for us to head to bed as well.

I don't think next week will be as busy as this week was, but we do have several things to do. Hopefully I will exercise more than once this week! :/

No comments: