Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week in Review: Oh Baby!

So, I wouldn't have even done a week in review post this week, but we are just waiting to be released from the hospital, and I remembered that this post was already pretty much done. (I try to keep up with it all week instead of doing the whole thing at once.) So here is the week that turned out to be Jude's birth week!!

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School. After that, we had lunch at my grandmother's house. Some of my little cousins were in town visiting my grandmother this week, so it was fun to get to see them :) I'm dumb and vain and wore high heels to church at 38 weeks pregnant. I just hate to wear chunky, flat flip flops that scream "I'm at the end of my pregnancy!" to church. Anyway, while we were at my grandmother's, my ankles got SO swollen. They were swollen to the point of being able to literally leave a fingerprint in my ankle. Yuck! That had never happened before and was a little freaky. We went home and I took a nap. My ankles were better when I got up but still swollen. We went back to church that night, and my parents brought a blood pressure machine to me just to make sure the swelling wasn't from high blood pressure. Thankfully, my blood pressure was fine. David, Aubrey, and I went to dinner at Julep with the Arants after church. Yum!

Monday: My swelling was WAY down when I got up that morning. I decided to call my doctor just to be safe. I can't mess around with my baby's health! They told me to just monitor my blood pressure, stay away from salt, drink lots of water, and rest. If the swelling didn't go down overnight, they said that would be more of a red flag. So Aubrey and I had a relaxing morning. I really tried to sit as much as possible. I did do some laundry and started packing my hospital bag. I must really be ready since I'm pretty sure I packed my hospital bag at 2AM last time while I was in labor and we were running out the door to the hospital. Haha! After lunch, Aubrey took a nap and I rested on the couch. That afternoon was more of the same. My mom wasn't going to karate that night because she wasn't feeling well, so Aubrey and I stayed home too. We went to Lowes to get some paint for our office (the projects NEVER end!) and Kroger to get some fruit. We came home and played/watched TV until David got home from karate. He put Aubrey to bed as soon as he got home.

Tuesday: Aubrey and I got ready that morning and went to Bible Study at church. We hadn't been it a while, so it was nice to be back. After Bible Study, we went to lunch with Rebekkah and Carver. We ate at a hamburger place and it was really good except for the fact that they couldn't seem to get my order right. I got some free fried pickles out of the deal though, so it was all good :) After lunch, we came home for Aubrey to take a nap. I didn't do a whole lot while she slept. I did get ready to go on a date with my hubby! When he got home, he took me to Bonefish for dinner and then we saw Eclipse. I had wanted to see it again, and he was so sweet to take me! I'm so glad we were able to go on a date before we become parents to two kids!

Wednesday: Aubrey and I hung out at home all morning. I folded some laundry... I don't know why I even bother when she is awake. She thinks it's so funny to "help." (AKA grabbing all the clothes I've folded and throwing them on the floor) :( Anyway, since we had so much fun at the pool last week, Sarah Denley and I decided to go again this week. Aubrey had a blast again, but she was a bit more fussy this week. She was just tired and kept whining for her "bobby's." Haha. We came home, and she took a nap. She was SO sleepy. I took a shower and tried to get some things done during her nap. I didn't let myself rest during her nap, because I was pretty sure I would end up going to sleep. I don't want to be in the habit of taking a nap everyday when Jude is born. Anyway, Aubrey woke up grumpy :( Don't know what her deal was, but she was NOT one bit happy. I was planning on going to the grocery store when she got up, but since it was almost time for David to get home, I thought I would wait and let her daddy deal with all the pleasantness. Haha. She perked up while I was grocery shopping -- yay David, for getting her in a better mood! :) I cooked pasta pesto and chicken for dinner. We had a nice evening at home. I was SO SO tired by the time Aubrey went to bed. Being in the sun, being 9 months pregnant, and not resting is an exhausting combo! There was no way I was going to bed at 9:00 though, so I just watched TV on the couch (and fell asleep). Meanwhile, my super productive hubby was painting our office. Have I mentioned that there's always a project going on around here? ;) We are getting bookshelves installed soon, so the walls had to be painted first.

Thursday: Aubrey slept until 8:30, and that made me so happy! We had a good morning. Aubrey was happy and sweet. I hung up a lot of laundry and ironed Jude's clothes and my stuff that we're taking to the hospital (I'm an ironing freak -- haha). I put Aubrey down for a nap after lunch and got ready for my doctor's appointment. It was quite exciting, and it was my last one until my 6 week post partum visit! :) That afternoon, I pretty much just sat around in shock that I was having a baby so soon... haha. Why is it that you know you're so close to your due date, but you're still surprised when the time actually comes?! Crazy. Aubrey woke up in a great mood and was very excited when I told her her brother was coming so soon. (She has no clue what that means, but she really was excited....) When David came home, we talked about having a baby (what else?) and details we needed to work out with Aubrey coming to the hospital and everything we still needed to get done, etc. We went to karate that evening, and we shopped at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. We came home and ate sloppy joe's. I decided spur of the moment to go walking even though I knew it would make my ankles swell. It was worth swollen ankles to possibly go into labor. We went to bed shortly after I got home.

Friday: Happy Birthday, Jude!!!! We pretty much had a normal morning, but things started happening around noon. I'll save all the details for the birth story, but it was an exciting day! :)

Saturday: We we in the hospital all day, of course. We had lots of sweet visitors come to meet Jude, so it was a fun day!

Wow, what a week! I am so glad I'm holding my baby right now instead of waiting to be induced tomorrow as planned! This coming week should be interesting... first week home with 2 kids! Pray for us! :)


Christy said...


Shay said...

Yay! Welcome to the world Jude!

Sarah Denley said...

Okay, I am going to HAVE to start taking your lead and working on my post a little each day. Esp. with the pictures it really does take FOREVER to just update the Happenings post twice a week!