Thursday, August 27, 2009

Visions of a New Room

I just realized that I totally forgot to mention an adorable purchase I made several weeks ago. Remember I mentioned that my grandmother is making new drapes for me out of some fabric I got at the Cotton Patch?? (By the way, the new drapes are almost complete. I think they're going to look so good. Pictures coming soon!) Well, while I was at the Cotton Patch looking for fabric for drapes, I just happened to stumble across some other fabric that I fell in love with. (And when I say I stumbled across it, I mean it quite literally. If you've never been to the Cotton Patch, it's one of those places where you kind of have to dig. It's totally worth it though for $5.00 a yard fabric!) Anyway, this is the sweet fabric that I feel in love with:
I feel like this picture doesn't do it justice. It looks a little "Maw-Maw" in the picture, but it doesn't at all in person, in my opinion. They only had 6 yards of this little gem of a fabric, so I had to snag it. What, you may be wondering, am I going to do with this fabric?? Well, I'm going to use it for Aubrey's "big girl" bedding of course! Granted, this won't be for a while... she has to be out of her crib first, but I just couldn't pass this fabric up at such a bargain price.

Ahh, I'm so excited! I have her room all planned out in my head. It's going to be a pretty, girly, shabby chic room. I want white distressed furniture -- I would love to find some authentic antique furniture. I LOVE all of this beautiful shabby chic furniture, but it's a little pricey. I'm hoping to find some bargains! I'm going to paint her walls pale, pale pink. Of course, we'll use her sweet chandelier from her nursery.
I'm thinking I will probably get a white duvet for her bed, and use the fabric I bought for a bed skirt and possibly a Euro sham. I have no idea if I'll have enough of it for that though. (I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sewing and how much yardage you need!) We'll just have to see. I want to find a pretty silk fabric to coordinate with the floral for window treatments and throw pillows. Ohh, it's just going to be precious! :o) Of course, I don't even know if we'll be living in the same house by the time Aubrey needs a big girl room, because we might be in need of another nursery by then, so it's a little hard to picture the finished product. (Please note: We're not planning on moving or having another baby anytime in the very near future, so nobody freak out!) I just love decorating rooms in my head :o)

The good thing about this fabric is that it has so many different shades of pink in it. We'll be able to use a lot of the stuff we already have in her nursery now like her wooden monogram.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the fact that Aubrey is still a baby and still in her crib. I'll just store away this fabric and enjoy her while she's little. Because I know in the blink of an eye, she'll be in her big girl bed, and I'll be wondering where the time went.

1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

It is going to be SO pretty....I love shabby chic; Annie's nursery is kind of that style now and it is SO soothing and perfect for a little girl! P.S. Got an invite to a party for a "big girl" in the mail today!