Friday, March 6, 2009

Six Month Checkup

I took Aubrey to the doctor today for her 6 month checkup. (How is it even possible that my little newborn baby is almost half a year old?!?) Everything looked great. She weighs 16 pounds, 13 ounces. She's 26 inches long. Again, how is it possible that my baby is so big? We're officially starting her on baby food. We've been dabbling in rice cereal for a while now, and she's just gotten to where she will actually swallow it in the past week or two. I gave her some apple sauce today. She seemed to like it. She was smiling while I was feeding her, but she was also gagging! Haha, I guess that's to be expected. The doctor said to feed her two solid meals a day.

She's just growing up so fast. I know everyone says that and it sounds really cliche, but time really does fly. I think she'll be sitting up soon. We're working on it because she needs to be sitting up really well before she has her six month pictures made! She smiles all the time, and laughs a lot. She likes to squeal. This is cute when it's a happy noise, but it can get a bit ear piercing when she's mad! She's discovered her feet! When I lay her on her changing table, she grabs a foot in each hand and just grins and looks so proud of herself. She's officially rolled over from her back to her stomach and stomach to back (as of last night!). She hated tummy time. I don't know if she'll ever crawl because when we put her on her tummy, she gets mad and won't even try to do anything. She's a feisty little thing and definitely lets you know if she doesn't like a situation! :o) She is such a joy, and I love her more than I can say.

Here is a video of Aubrey's sweet laugh. I forgot to mention that's she's also very ticklish! I love her laugh - it always brightens my day! :o)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is the most precious thing I've seen in a loooong time! Thanks for sharing! :)