Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shopping Time!

Last weekend my dear friend, Rachel, came to visit me from Auburn, Alabama. We had such a fun time catching up! I had not seen her since December, and I didn't know I was pregnant at that point, so it was fun to see her reaction to the baby bump! We went baby shopping while she was here. I try not to be obnoxious when I'm around my friends and only talk about baby stuff, but she was sincerely interested, so I went on and on about little Aubrey. :) Rachel is such a sweet friend. Anyway, we went to a cute little store called Nursery Rhymes, and I found a crib! I'm very excited about this because this is the first crib I have seen that has remotely interested me. I know exactly what I'm looking for in a crib, and I just hadn't found it until Saturday.

I want a crib that I can use for all of our children. Maybe something that can become a family heirloom. :) It's neat to think about creating heirlooms. Anyway, it's a sleigh bed crib, which I love. It's dark cherry wood. It's not red wood though, which I didn't want. It's very pretty. I haven't bought it yet because David hasn't seen it, and I didn't want to buy the first thing that I saw. But it takes 10 weeks to come in once you order it.

Anyway, enough about cribs... now I'll talk about bedding! Hehe. I've pretty much decided to have the bedding made. I wish I could do it myself. I think that would be really special. But I can't sew a stitch. I have found several fabrics that I like and ordered samples. I'm excited about designing the bedding. Again, I know what I want. I just hope I can find someone who can do a nice job without charging an an arm and a leg.

As you can probably tell, I'm very excited about doing the nursery. I hope it ends up looking as good in person as it already does in my head! I want to go ahead and start, so I can have everything done and organized by the time little Aubrey is born.

I just thought I would give those of you who are interested a little update on the nursery. I'll have to post before and after pictures. Not much else to report as of now! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok seriously made my day to be mentioned on your blog! and i had such a fantastic time; it could not have been a funner weekend. i'm so glad you got the crib- it was so beautiful. let me know how the samples turn out...this is going to be such a cute room! -rachel

KTElltt said...

You are cracking me up with your nesting! It is so sweet, though... Don't worry about not sewing the bedding yourself -- Aubrey will never know, I promise!!!! ;) Can't wait to see it...

Ashley said...

Awww we need to get together! :o) I want to see pictures of everything!

Rebecca said...

You sound like such the interior designer! Lol! and a very excited soon to be mom! I can't wait to see the pictures of everything once it's done.